Nine Encouraging Words For Cancer Patients Who Just Received The Cancer Diagnosis
Can you imagine what was going through your friends/relatives head when the doctor diagnosed him/her with cancer? It is definitely a heavy burden to bear. Here are some encouraging words for cancer patients who have just been diagnosed with cancer:
I just heard the news from your wife, and I just wanted to let you know that I am here for you. You are one of my closest friends, and I pledge to stand by your side. I will be there through all of the ups and downs that come with treatment. I will help you in every way possible to fight this disease. You will beat this, and you will rise like a phoenix from the ashes, stronger than ever before!This is without doubt a challenging time for you and your family, so Ive contacted you to let you know that you are in my prayers. Whatever you need, I am only a phone call away. In time, this will be a success story that we can tell our kids. Well be able to tell them that you kicked cancers ass!Im sending good vibes and healing energy your way! I know this is a very difficult time, so just know that you are never alone. All of your friends and family are rooting for you to make a speedy recovery.Youre probably wondering to yourself why this is happening to you. The truth is that God will never give you more than you can handle. He knows you are a warrior, and so do I! I will support you during every leg of the journey until you rediscover your strength!
Good Things To Say To Someone With Cancer
CaringBridge Staff | 06.16.22
When a friend or family member is diagnosed with cancer, its hard to know what to say or do. Sadly, this sometimes translates into saying nothing at all.
Every relationship is different, so there are no set requirements for how to talk to someone with cancer. But, there are steps you can take to allow conversations to go smoothly while showing your love and support.
Molly Grubbs: Love And Kindness
Molly Grubbs is celebrating because its been exactly one year since her last chemo treatment.
Molly, who has been a part of Lee Health for five years, visited her primary care doctor in 2016 for a routine breast exam. During the exam, the doctor found a small spot.
A mammogram, ultrasound, and biopsy determined that the spot was benign. After a follow-up appointment six months later, she was reassured that she was healthy. Molly returned three years later, a few days after she turned 40. A 3D mammogram, ultrasound, biopsy, and an MRI showed that the same spot that had once been benign had turned cancerous, and it had spread.
Molly received a diagnosis of stage two invasive ductal carcinoma and ductal carcinoma in situ. Her right breast had three spots of cancer that had spread into the lymph nodes. She also learned that she was estrogen dominant and her body had difficulty detoxing through her liver. Molly started her treatments right away and took advantage of the incredible care and expertise of the staff at the Regional Cancer Center.
The gift in my diagnosis was seeing how much love and kindness my family, friends, and co-workers shared with me during this difficult time, Molly said. I felt supported and encouraged every step of my journey.
Read Also: What Food Is Good For Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Quotes To Ponder On
66. Dont wait for tomorrow to live a life you love today. Kara Adams
67. Now move forward. It is not in death we should be afraid. It is in life, if we dont live it. It is a gift. Arlene M. Karole
68. Breast cancer, I can now report, did not make me prettier or stronger, more feminine or spiritual. What it gave me, if you want to call this a gift, was a very personal, agonizing encounter with an ideological force in American culture that I had not been aware of beforeone that encourages us to deny reality, submit cheerfully to misfortune, and blame only ourselves for our fate. Barbara Ehrenreich
69. When I was in medical school, I embarrassed myself horribly when I found a lump in my breast and frantically ran to one of the older doctors to find out if I had cancer. I found out I had a rib. Susan M. Love
70. Having cancer does make you try to be better at everything you do and enjoy every moment. It changes you forever. But it can be a positive change. Jaclyn Smith
71. Cure sometimes, treat often, comfort always. Hippocrates
72. The only person who can save you is you. Sheryl Crow
73. The goal is to live a full, productive life even with all that ambiguity. No matter what happens, whether the cancer never flares up again or whether you die, the important thing is that the days that you have had you will have lived. Gilda Radner
74. Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today, I dare to win. Bernadette Devlin
The Best Encouraging Words For Breast Cancer Patients
Categories Etiquette & advice
There is no question that a breast cancer diagnosis is devastating for any patient who receives one.
For this reason, patients who have this illness may need a little encouragement to stay positive and keep fighting.
What do encouraging words for breast cancer patients look like? If youre like many people today, you dont have a clue when it comes to crafting beautiful, encouraging words for breast cancer patients.
Using this article below, we can help you by giving you some ideas. Keep reading to find out more.
Don’t Miss: Why Are So Many Young Women Getting Breast Cancer
Funny Breast Cancer Quotes
These are some of my favorite quotes because they belong to people who I find hilarious.
Sometimes you have to try to find the humor in unpleasant situations to help you get through them! These funny breast cancer quotes helped me do that.
Its our challenges and obstacles that give us layers of depth and make us interesting. Are they fun when they happen? No. But they are what make us unique. And thats what I know for sure I think.
You have no idea how high I can fly.
Michael Scott on The Office
Yes my boobs are fake. The real ones tried to kill me!
Laugh To Lift Your Spirits
I am a firm believer positive attitude makes a difference and so does laughter. I am not saying it will cure this disease but it makes it easier to live with. I look at it this way my disease will never go away so we have a choice to be miserable or learn to live with this disease and enjoy life well I am taking the path to live life to the fullest With a postive attitude you have a stronger will to fight this disease I have always said cancer will not take away my laughter With all that has gone on in my life the stress alone should of killed me ha ha .So believe it does make a difference and even when I am having a bad day I say to myself there are people worse than me and then I truly thank God because I am alive and still able to enjoy life yes it is not the life like I had before cancer but thats okay as I said before I am alive!!!! Inspire member
You May Like: Chris Tia Donaldson Breast Cancer
Reflecting On Your Experience
In reflecting on your cancer journey, you realize that you can make it through just about anything. You may have a scar or two to show for it, but in the end you’re stronger.
Cancer survivors can do a number of things now that they are better to help in reflect on their cancer journey, according to the Cancer Support Community.
- Volunteer at cancer organizations to help other people fighting cancer. You may be able to help others find meaning in their cancer experience.
- Start a journal or blog. Think and write about how you’ve grown since having cancer. Your words may inspire someone else to look at their cancer journey more positively.
- Just because you’re a survivor doesn’t mean you don’t still need counseling and support. This can help on days when you’re feeling anxiety.
- Pray and meditate to help find clarity about what your cancer experience meant to you.
Are you a cancer survivor? Share your stories and encouraging words for other survivors here.
For more information on EIRMC’s Cancer Center in Idaho Falls, call 227-2700.
What To Say To Someone With Breast Cancer
CaringBridge Staff | 05.26.22
Finding out someone has been diagnosed with breast cancer can be a shock. Its normal to feel like a deer-in-the-headlights and stumble over the right ways to show support when someone is dealing with a serious illness. You might struggle with finding the right words to say or fret over how to be helpful.
Fortunately, our amazing CaringBridge community shared their ideas of what to say to someone with breast cancer. Not only will these ideas help you navigate the situation more seamlessly, but theyll help your loved one feel uplifted during a difficult time.
Also Check: What Age Do Women Get Breast Cancer
What Day Works For A Visit
Humans are social creatures. We thrive off personal interactions, especially with those who we feel comfortable around. During this difficult time, its crucial to show your support by planning regular visits. This will give your friend or family member a sense of community and help them feel like things are more normal. For example, the CaringBridge Planner helps you coordinate care and organize needs like bringing meals, rides to doctor appointments or taking care of pets.
Initially, when my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer his friends came around and visited. Further into this disease they stopped coming. My wish is that they still continued to come visit, even if he wasnt interacting with them. My dad still needed the support and love and care of his friends. I would just go sit with my dad and read to him or talk to him about stuffeven mundane stuff because it helps him to not be alone and to have some sense of normality in his illness.
Breast Cancer Quotes About Raising Awareness
26. Breast cancer, whether I like it or not, is part of my familys story. Thats why I am so passionate about raising awareness because I have seen firsthand how it can impact others. DeAngelo Williams
27. Whether youre a mother or father, or a husband or a son, or a niece or a nephew or uncle, breast cancer doesnt discriminate. Stephanie McMahon
28. Every woman needs to know the facts. And the fact is, when it comes to breast cancer, every woman is at risk. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
29. Breast cancer deaths in America have been declining for more than a decade. Much of that success is due to early detection and better treatments for women. I strongly encourage women to get a mammogram. Larry Craig
30. With breast cancer, its all about detection. You have to educate young women and encourage them to do everything they have to do. Bill RancicIf youre enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of international Womens Day quotes celebrating womanhood.
31. Cancer affects all of us, whether youre a daughter, mother, sister, friend, coworker, doctor, or patient. Jennifer Aniston
You May Like: What Is Diagnostic Testing For Breast Cancer
Quotes To Inspire Cancer Patients:
Humorous Words For Someone With Cancer
While cancer is nothing to joke about, humor is sometimes exactly what someone who is facing a serious illness needs. Make sure the time is right before incorporating humor into your interactions with a cancer patient so that the message will be well received. When things are so serious all of the time, a chuckle or two is exactly what is needed. After all, sometimes just getting your mind off “the Big C” is the best way to fight it.
- More men die of jealousy than cancer.” – Joseph Patrick Kennedy
- Well, you always wondered what smoking weed was like. Now, you can find out!
- We’re going to buy you the most fabulous earrings. Bald is beautiful, girl.
- On the bright side, you wont have any bad hair days for a while!
- Guess what? You officially have a “get out of jail free” card for all those lunches you try to avoid with your in-laws!
- Youve always wanted a good reason to get out of hosting Thanksgiving at your house. Now you have one.
- Cancer didnt know what it was in for when it decided to hassle you!
- Laughter may have some healing properties, but I like the odds of chemo and radiation.
- Remember that year when your number one goal was to survive? Oh yeah, thats right now!
- They say that what doesnt kill you makes you stronger? Im betting on stronger.
Don’t Miss: Could I Have Breast Cancer
Get Into Your Comfort Zone
I think it is possible to be positive while being realistic about our situation. Being pro-active while in treatment by knowing what is going on, and hoping the best will happen. There is a long line between the negative and positive thinking, and I think it is possible to find our comfort zone somewhere in between. Inspire member
Heartfelt Affirmations And Words Of Encouragement For Your Suffering Friend:
Also Check: Can Coffee Cause Breast Cancer
How Do You Show Your Support
We understand that everyone will have different needs and responses when battling breast cancer. Its hard to know what to say, and there is no perfect way to show support. The important thing is to make the effort, show you care and be a source of encouragement.
We hope a few of these ideas assist your loved one on their healing journey. If you know of other ways to show support, wed love to hear from you.
Uplifting Breast Cancer Quotes
If you are looking for uplifting breast cancer quotes and positive words of encouragement for a breast cancer survivor, youre in the right place!
A breast cancer diagnosis can be the most terrifying feeling. Whether you are searching for empowering words for your best friend, a family member4,0 or yourself, uplifting quotes really help survivors maintain a positive mindset.
In this post, I will highlight my top 35 quotes that kept me sane at times as I battled surgery, chemo, and radiation therapy. If you have an additional uplifting quote to add, please feel free to comment below.
Sharing words of encouragement and personal experiences is a great way to help readers realize they arent alone in this.
Read Also: What Is Involved In Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer